Saturday, May 7, 2011

Thoughts, Not Poetry

Can you accept that God's not through with me yet?
It's not, you're saved and then abracadabra you're God-like
These are the many things about me that I cannot believe
I want to tell you the truth, but abracadabra I lied.
I want to be there for friends, but abracadabra I hide.
I want to do well in school, but abracadabra I procrastinate.
I want to love everyone, but abracadabra I hate

everyone that gets in my way, and takes my energy from my goals.
What have I learned from Love?
Be patient.

Be patient with the insincere liars, that aren't there for you when you need them, that are lazy with their work, and blame and hate you for it.

Be patient. I'm a work in progress. I will not pretend to be perfect,
and I do not expect you to be.

If everyone could just hold everyone to this standard - to forgive those that fall time and time again, just like you. There is heaven. There is a kingdom worth living in.

But, here are my false starts. Any suggestions on how not to be human?
I'm listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment