Sunday, November 22, 2009

ready to serve

midway between finding myself and finding You
thank God I found You instead
You showed me
me in a different light

now I think I can do better
now I think I can be better
at least to them if not me
but Your love for me will continue
to transform

everything I'm coming from
even when I'm worn
finally, finally,
no need for alarm

I'm safe in Your arms
and I believe it.


everything it cost.
the more I built myself,
the more I went looking for fame, wealth,
everything else.
the more I lost You,
the more I didn't care
the more people seemed like images of the Divine
creeping into your life
to steal your mind.

I'm no longer made to serve.
I serve now willingly.
Only hoping to find that You forgive my inability
to trust You.


I'm writing this for you.
I'll try to make this plain.
When you're secure enough to trust in what you have,
then you've forgotten the Source of it all.

Psalms 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment